Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Of Course, I Was Busy!


One of my pet peeves about blogs, diaries, what have you is that the chronicler of events misses a great deal of time between entries. It's something I'm quite capable of doing. I always have something else to do. So now, while I'm printing out postcard addresses on my inkjet, it seemed like a good idea to address this shortcoming.


Actually, quite a bit is going on. I finished my computer class yesterday, taking a final for which I was not prepared. I consider it an object lesson, I guess. And square dancing is also bumping it up a notch, not to mention the injured leg, and how I decided square dancing is more important that a mere leg injury.


Now that the class is over, perhaps I'll have some time to devote to the class project. Eventually, I just threw up my hands and realized it wasn't going to get finished, even though the square dance web site needs the functionality. I want to get back to it. For the last class session, students were expected to prepare a presentation for the rest of the class. I did my presentation on web application architecture, and presented an architectural schema. It interests me enough that I think eventually, I'll write a paper or a book about it.


This last weekend was Pass the Ocean in Rehoboth Beach, DE. Tim and I had a wonderful time there. Both of us paced ourselves so that we survived all four days. The callers were Mike DeSisto, Saundra Bryant, Anne Uebelacker, Ett McAtee, and Dayle Hodge. I've danced to all of them before, and they each have their own way of twisting my brain cells. In addition to the dancing, Tim and I had a number of very good meals, most memorable being the ones at the Blue Moon.


Well, those postcards are finished.

0 comments: