Tuesday, June 6, 2006

666 - The Omen!



Pattie, Grace, Mom, Katherine, Michael, Happy
Pattie, Grace, Mom, Katherine, Michael, Happy


You betcha! 666 is an omen all right. Actually, in my life the real omen is 66, a sign of strong family ties and traditions. My grandparents were married on June 6. My parents were married on June 6. My Dad was married on June 6, twice. My stepmom was married on June 6, twice, and her first husband's birthday was on June 6. Seems like a pretty strong thread.


So forget the movie. I called my Mom and told her how fortunate I feel to have had grandparents, parents, and siblings and step siblings for whom family means sticking together in the difficult times, caring for each other, helping out, getting together across town or across the continent. I'm grateful for their love, and I think June 6 is probably our family holiday, or should be.

1 comments:

Sleepy said...

u know, thats a good way to look at it.