Tuesday, October 21, 2008

I Hate Pledge Week at WAMU

The radio station is at it again: attempting to separate green stuff and my wallet. So for a week, millions of other listeners and I are subject to the very worst of public radio broadcasting, the pledge drive. I'm sorry, but there's got to be a better way. The kind of marketing crap and sales ploys WAMU broadcasts during the "Fall Membership Campaign" really irritates me, and if I do give in and call in a pledge, absolutely nothing happens! I'm still subjected to the station's awful broadcasting for the rest of the week.

Of course, I could tune in to WETA, and listen to its fall campaign.... Is there some collusion going on in the Washington radio market? I could turn the radio off, too. And by tomorrow afternoon, that's probably what I'll be doing. These campaigns are irritating, intrusive, inane, and idiotic.

0 comments: