Friday, January 1, 2010

A Little Resolve Around Here

Here's a preliminary list.

  1. Okay, I intend to write in this blog more often. That is a threat!
  2. I'm going to be slimmer in 2010. The love handles will still be there, just a tiny bit harder to grab onto.
  3. I'm going to review C-1 square dance calls at least once a week. Tim will keep me honest.
  4. I'm going to be as heartless about clutter as Ron is (I'm trembling, already).
  5. I'm going to crack my Portuguese phrasebook.
  6. I'm going less for sex and more for camaraderie this year (present blog readers excluded).
  7. I'm going to get back to my civic software project.
  8. I'm going to write at least one poem a month.
  9. I'm going to write at least one short story, and share with my readers (both of you).
  10. I'm going to visit the Smithsonian at least six times this coming year.

None of these are earth shattering, but are some little things I really want to do, which should improve the quality of my interior planet considerably. As I lay in bed this morning, reveling in this New Year, I felt so grateful and happy, so alive to this arbitrary moment of made up possibilities. It was a perfect morning for a new year.

love handles
Love Handle Example

0 comments: