Saturday, December 15, 2007

It's Over!

At 11:23 a.m. on December 14, 2007, I walked out the front door of Fannie Mae. I am retired! To celebrate, Ron and I went to the American Chemical Society Holiday party. It was nice of them to throw one for me.

We had a good time. Because I've been eating so much the last few days (four different retirement meals), I ate sparingly at the party, but Ron sampled some of the other stuff I missed. I live vicariously through him. We saw some of his unretired, former co-workers. I had a grand conversation with Mary who is the wife of Ron's former boss. She's a choreographer, and immediately I began to see how central she is to my ambitions for exhibition square dancing!

We also ran into Cheryl and Paul who are contra dancers at Glen Echo. I think I can talk Tim into a Glen Echo adventure some Friday evening. My retirement is off to a great start!

0 comments: