Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Maryland, My Maryland

I'm back home in Maryland. I had a quick but very nice trip to Moscow, Idaho, but I'm very happy to be back in Maryland. Over the years, I've put my roots down here. Idaho is a nice place to visit - the place of my birth, the home of really famous potatoes, but Maryland is now my home.

It hasn't always been that way. When I first moved to this area, I had thought that I'd be moving back West in a few years, but that just didn't happen. I quickly put down some roots, and before long, I found myself with a partner, a job, and lots of friends. I discovered I could be a gay guy without having to watch my back. I've grown to enjoy this place and the life I have here.

I still get misty eyed when I see the beauty and splendor of Idaho, and I truly love that place, but my home is here in Maryland, my Maryland.

0 comments: