Monday, April 27, 2009

My New Camera

Sometime toward the end of last year, my pocket camera disappeared. I've finally gotten around to replacing it with a Canon PowerShot SD890 IS Digital Elph. I've already taken about a hundred pictures with it over the weekend, and so far, I like it. It fits easily in my pocket, and the controls are similar to my old camera. I haven't figured out how to do much with it yet, but I'm taking the user guide as reading material on my flight to Idaho this week.

I really enjoy digital photography. I'm not the best photographer, but if you take hundreds of photos, sooner or later you will take a spectacular picture. You just have to wade through a lot of bad photos. I always process the pictures that I take, and that's part of the fun (and drudgery), too. The picture is not what a camera records, it's what the mind imagines, and I have to add that to the camera's record. It's not great art, but it can be great fun.


Breakfast - That's a poached egg

Tim in his backyard

Tim's Garden

The back side of Bucknell Terrace

The Dogwoods

Catch me if you can!

Joe, thinking green

 

0 comments: