Wednesday, January 10, 2007

The Holidays Are Now Over


The holidays are officially over, at least in my house. My dear friend Little Brian (we met on a Men2Men site), called me tonight to wish me well. He asked me what I was doing, and I told him I was finishing up my Christmas cards. Well, those cards are now in the mail, so the holidays are over.


You know, it's really wonderful too, that years after the sex is over, the friendship continues on and on. Lesbians aren't the only ones who remember every one who has passed between the sheets. Gay men can be romantic and nostalgic, too. It's just something we don't like to talk about.


And talking with Brian brought up many happy memories, and a smile across my face. He moved out of town and took a small piece of my heart. I felt like a gay version of a Dolly Parton ballad. It was a summertime affairette, and made the dog days of Washington much more exciting.


He's doing well, raising his family, working hard, being a dad. I'm doing well, thankful from the bottom of my heart for this friendship, and amazed how my chosen family, spread out as it is, enriches my life, fills my being with a special joy and love. I never would have known this except for being gay.

0 comments: