Wednesday, January 3, 2007

Technology Update


I'm no noob, but probably pretty close to it. Yesterday, I purchased a Bluetooth®-enabled mobile phone and headset. I can turn on the Bluetooth® in each device, but I can't get the devices to recognize each other. It's a very bad blind date. The phone manual tells me to make a menu selection that isn't on the menu; this is not a good sign.


My continuing guerrilla gadget war means I invest in techno-wizardry that then behaves in obscure and inscrutable ways. The experience is not helped by incorrect and incomplete user documentation, which I am reduced to reading on the Metro. None of this is my idea of a good time. And I look at all of the other people sporting their Bluetooth® devices, and I feel stupid and envious - a curious mix of emotions.

0 comments: