Friday, July 6, 2007

After Sex


After sex, for whatever reason, I feel very proud of myself, like, "Look, Mom, look what I did!" I don't know why I should feel this way. I mean, it's not like I've discovered Uranus or performed brain surgery. I'm not sure whether this feeling is mine alone, but after many years of having sex I still get the feeling, like, I'm the first person who's ever done this. I guess it's kind of like new parents thinking that their baby is special or something.


Meeting another guy in that intimate place of sex is the closest connection I ever make to another human being. It's a literal connection, a physical connection, and many times a loving and brotherly connection. I'm amazed every time it happens, and each time is a rediscovery of self with other. Maybe it's just hormones, but even in the wildest or nastiest sex, it has the potential to move me spiritually to a closer place with my partner. And most times, it does.


So maybe I should feel proud of myself, not because I discovered sex, but because I discovered its spiritual consequence after sex.

0 comments: