Thursday, March 6, 2008

Heading Back Home

Pensive Happy
Happy in his hotel room,
being a little pensive

Here I am in my hotel room, writing this blog entry. I'm all packed, ready to check out and hit the road. I'm heading over to Steve and Lesley's. We're going out to breakfast, then we'll visit some more. I'm flying out of Denver in the late afternoon, and will be back in Wheaton by 11:15 p.m. or so.

In a way, this has been kind of a strange visit. I had no idea what to expect. It's been said that disease doesn't make bad people good. I'm very happy to report that disease doesn't make good people bad, either. Steve's condition is simply a fact of their lives. It certainly gets in their way, but they're managing. They are both faithful in the reality of Steve's recovery, and faithful, too in getting him the best possible medical care.

I worry about them because I love them. Standing on the sidelines, I feel, at times, anxious and helpless. But none of us can let those feelings get in our way of focusing our thoughts and prayers on Steve and Lesley. A thought, a prayer, an email, a phone call are all simple, effective remedies that keep us all connected in this situation.

Lesley, thank you for welcoming me as a guest in your home. I appreciate your kindness. Steve, I love you, man, I really love you! For the both of you, I'm hanging in there for the long term. I offer you my love, always.

0 comments: