Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Sunday Dinner

Jerry came over for dinner on Sunday. He's the guy who organized the sailing trip in the Caribbean. I was on for cooking. Jerry pointed out that my kitchen is somewhat more accommodating than the galley on the sailboat. Dinner consisted of greens (with tomato and avocado), eggplant and portabello mushrooms with mozzarella cheese, braised brussel sprouts, roasted yams and white potatoes, and butterscotch pudding. The pudding was Jello cooked, but talk about evoking childhood memories! And it tastes so good.

We had a nice evening, talking about retirement plans, sailing friends, and the peculiar social and sexual habits of some gay men. Jerry's planning a cycling trip across the U.S. next year. It's far more ambitious than anything I would undertake, but he's in better shape than I am, too. I think he will see America as it is meant to be seen. I'm excited for him.

0 comments: