Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Back in the Saddle

Welcome back to Wheaton! I got kicked out of a cab at the airport. The cabbie wanted to take the long way home, and I told him no. He jumped out of the cab, grabbed my luggage, and set it in the middle of the traffic lane. The attendant asked me what was going on, and I told him. He immediately got me another cab. The cab that had dumped me was at the next cabstand loading a passenger. My cabbie jumped out and accosted the other cabbie, who pushed his passenger inside his cab, jumped in the cab, and roared off. They got his number, and I imagine he's having second thoughts, today.

Other than that, the trip home was pretty uneventful. The passenger next to me on the Denver-DC leg of the flight is a language arts teacher at Cardozo. This is her second year. She kept track of the time she spent with her 110 pupils in classroom, lesson preparation, etc. and it came to 87 hours a week. She's also in a Masters program at AU. I really do hope she has a life, because the future of America is in her hands. She is America's brightest hope.

0 comments: