Friday, November 2, 2007

Oatmeal

I've been roughing it in my hotel room. I like steel cut oats for breakfast. My room has a microwave. I have a straight-sided bowl to cook the oats, and the microwave causes the oats and water to overflow (and make a mess) when I'm cooking them. I've devised a couple of strategies. I soak the oats overnight, and they absorb much of the water. It took me two (duh!) days to figure out that I could put a paper plate underneath the bowl, then the overflow would end up on the plate, rather than on the bottom of the microwave. The hotel provides the plastic spoon and sugar, and I'm very happy with my breakfast.

Katherine and I went to lunch today to talk about everything. I'm grateful to have some time with her. Karen, Grace, Katherine, and I went out for a drink last night, and we've spent a couple of evenings just talking, but it was special having some time just with her to talk.

0 comments: