Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Weird

On Monday, this guy on the Metro struck up a conversation with me. We exchanged e-mail addresses. Tuesday he sends me a couple of e-mails. I sent him one today, and he responds to the e-mail, then ends with "I won't be able to correspond with you anymore, but I wish you the best, and I agree with you on MANY points."

That's okay, but it's full of mystery.... I Googled his name, and found what appears to be references to him. Lawyer. Patents. Here's how I parse the last line:

  • "I won't be able to correspond with you anymore" - I initiated these e-mails, I want to tell you my ideas, but I'm not real interested in yours.
  • "but I wish you the best" - BUT I don't want you to think I'm giving you the brush off, or anything, even though I am.
  • "and I agree with you on MANY points." - (but I don't want to ever talk with you about those points, because I don't want to correspond with you anymore!)

Or maybe he just thinks I'm ugly.

0 comments: