Thursday, November 22, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving

Today is Thanksgiving (hence the title of this posting), and Ron and I are going out to a restaurant for the big meal of the day. We're having Tim and Perry over tomorrow, so that will be our holiday dinner. I made a bunch of turkey stock from neck bones, because I need that ingredient in spades, tomorrow.

I just got off the phone with my brother Frank. He and I don't talk a lot, so when we do, it's a lot to catch up. We talked for about an hour. I really enjoy his perspective. He told me a story about my cousin Jim. Jim's an archaeologist, and I guess a wild man to boot.

In some other family news, Mary one of my daughters, sent me a thank-you note for the Christmas letters (since 1948) that I sent all the kids. It's a way for her and them to get to know my family. She said she was really enjoying them. I sent her an email back with a list of most of my relatives. By the time I got done, it had sixty or so people on it.

So, I'll make a few more phone calls. We'll have dinner at Christina's, and I'll call it a day!

0 comments: