Thursday, August 14, 2008

Good Night and Good Luck

All right, I should be in bed already, but I just got back from square dancing, and my mind doesn't settle down immediately so that I can get to sleep. So I thought maybe I should write in my blog about my Doodle, today.

The big news today is that I met Athena, and she wants to dance Contra. I want to dance Contra, so I volunteered to be a partner when we can get our schedules to mesh. It won't happen until after I get back from Europe, but I'm very excited about it.

In other news, the DC Diamond Circulate Committee met before square dancing tonight. These meetings last longer than I like, but they do keep all committee members abreast of what's being planned. It's interesting to see how the committee works, and it actually works pretty well. We're getting serious now, because we're a little less than eight months out, which isn't very much time. I got the Cowboy's contract signed, and I'm trying to track down the Lesbian and Gay Chorus of Washington. I guess things are going okay. We have a place. We know the dates. We have our callers. All we need are the dancers, and the details. And that's where the devil is. I'm getting more excited about it, and I think it's going to be a wonderful weekend. Now all I need is the stamina.

Next week is full of lunch and dinner dates. I'm glad that I'm hitting the gym regularly. You may not see much improvement, but I do. I weigh my bod every day, and it is slowly getting lighter. I'm trying to prove that you can eat yourself to a slimmer you. Next week will be a test of that hypothesis.

0 comments: