Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Back Home in Wheaton

Reading the last two posts, you'd never know that I left Wheaton for a long weekend in Atlanta with Tim. We were squaredancing (of course!). We got home yesterday, and I crashed for the rest of the evening. Ron (bless his heart) made a wonderful meal (Chicken Sausage Jambalaya), and I did help chop the onions, so I wasn't completely useless.

I talked with my sister-in-law last night about my twin's situation. I'm still shocked that he's in a hospital in critical condition. It brings up some of my own ghosts. I keep thinking he can't die. In the big scheme of things, life is pretty cheap, but it's very clear to me that life is also very precious. I'm grateful in this situation for that insight, and I'm hoping and praying that my brother completely recovers.

0 comments: