Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Banana Bread

Tonight, we're moored at Marina Cay. Jerry and fixed a banana bread. We did this last year, too, and I think it's becoming a tradition. It really smells good.

The weather today started out rainy and very windy. We sailed the full length of Tortola from Little Harbor (Garner Bay) on Jost Van Dyke to Marina Cay (which is directly across the passage from the airport on Beef Island).

The passage was rough, but exciting. I was at the helm for part of it, but eventually, the skipper took command. (I was relieved.) We spent some time this afternoon on Marina Cay, and are now set to eat dinner, and, I am sure, a fabulous banana bread.

This banana bread thing is a running joke, of sorts. Jerry wants certainty in his cooking adventures. Of course, I offer no such thing. Last year, I just made up a recipe. This year, we went on the Internet (Google "banana bread" basic), and found a simple recipe for which we had all the ingredients. I'm sure it will be a feast.

0 comments: