Sunday, January 27, 2008

I'm on a Boat....

Hi Guys and Gals,
 
I'm in the Caribbean, BVI - the Bite at Norman's Island. I'm on a small sailboat (38') with four friends. I like the designed space of sailboats, talk about efficient. I'm glad I don't live on one, though. I'm too messy. I'm learning to sail here, and I'm beginning to think it's pretty hopeless - there's too much to learn, and I'm getting too riddled with holes through my brain. But I'm learning some great knots for all of you S&M freaks.

We're about to get underway for the day. I was at the helm most of yesterday, and I expect Jerry will be at the helm today. That means that today's lessons for me will be learning about moorings and anchors. Yesterday's lesson was about brakes. I learned that sailboats don't have brakes.... I love being on the water. I'll write more tomorrow.

0 comments: