Sunday, June 15, 2008

Hand to Mouth

Hand
Hand

What would Emily Post advise in a situation like this? I am eating a chocolate dessert, but the spoon provided is much too large for the task of delicately levitating the last traces of chocolate sauce from the plate to my mouth. The waiter had already removed the pita bread (an obvious solution to the problem, were it available). I suppose I could have requested a rubber spatula from the kitchen, but I settled on an implement close at hand. The upside is, I always have my lickin' finger with me. The downside is, I don't always know where it's been.

to Mouth
to Mouth

Today, it had been many places, including the Capital Pride Festival, Oyamel (great drinks, very friendly bartender who knows all about rum and tequila - and be sure to order the chicken tamil verde), and now at Zaytinya following a gastronomic adventure (with Ron and Tim) that included roasted eggplant with onions and tomatoes, snails in a garlic potato sauce, braised rabbit, grilled cauliflower, an apricot/carrot dumpling, and ground lamb flatbread. But the two desserts, one chocolate, the other a Turkish delight, topped off our small plates, and spurred my finger to action.

0 comments: