Saturday, July 5, 2008

Cleveland, Cleveland!

I finally got out of the hotel yesterday afternoon, that was five days that I was holed up in the Renaissance Hotel in downtown Cleveland. I won't have much opportunity to see the city. Strangely (or not), the downtown is dead in the evenings and on weekends, as in nothing happens down here. The setting is like what Washington, DC was when I moved there twenty-five years ago.

The Renaissance is a very nice (Marriott) hotel. It's a large pile of bricks, and has the dowager empress (how appropriate) faded glory feel to it. She's never going to be young again, but she's certainly going to be majestic on her way to obscurity!

The dancing has been fun. Challenge 1 still scares me, but I've been dancing it an hour or so at a time, then going back to Advanced or Plus. That works for me. I've been in meta mode for parts of this convention, trying to pay attention to how things are done, and listening carefully to other dancers to find out what they like and don't like.

0 comments: