Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Books, Anyone?

Today's special task is to remove six boxes of books and trundle them off to the Friends of the Wheaton Library. I spent part of Sunday and Monday pruning my books. I'm saying goodbye to Marion Zimmer Bradley and the Darkover series. I loved you, but I'll probably never reread it, and maybe my books will give joy to someone else. My sole criterion for determining whether a book would continue to occupy the shelf was, "will I ever get around to opening this book's cover?"

The whole process was a little sad, after all, these are my friends. I discovered some hidden treasures, which will remain for now. I still have two rooms to go through, so I imagine I'll be delivering a lot more books to FOTWL. It's a very sneezy process, with some genuine regret thrown in.

0 comments: